Wednesday, December 18, 2013

In and Out Burgers - Double Double Protein Style

I've gotten really fat. I think I'm the fattest I've ever been. Fat to the point where when I wear my old regular shirts people think they're hipster slim fit metro-sexual shirts. I don't want to be fat and I don't want to be a hipster.

I can't stand it any more. I'm trying to combat the fatness by eating at In & Out Burgers. I know that doesn't sound healthy but the only diet that I've ever had any success with is a low-carb diet and In & Out has the best Protein Style burgers in the world.

Ok, so I know this isn't protein style but I forgot to order it. Ok, I just really wanted bread.

Protein Style is basically a regular burger but instead of buns holding the burger together, it's wrapped with lettuce. It's a weird feeling to eat one. When you grasp the burger your brain is expecting to hold nice soft warm buns but instead you are greeted with cold, slightly moist vegetables. And without the bread sopping up all the juices you are forced to shove as much in your mouth as quickly as possible so you don't lose a single drop of the meaty runoff.


While ordering the burger "Animal Style" (chopped pickles, Thousand Island Dressing, and grilled onions) is not very carb conscious, it is a sacrifice I am willing to make. I figure if I do 20 or so curls with 5 lb dumbbells I'll burn through enough sugars to negate it.

I also wanted fries.

Every In & Out I've been to, no matter the time or location, has a line of cars snaking out of the lot.
At the office, no matter where we are going, if we see that the line is short at In & Out we will always eat there. It's a special place.

The wait is long but well worth it.

No comments: