Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Carl's Jr. - Portobello Mushroom $6 Burger ($5.00) Rating: 6

Mark Lim - The Portobello Mushroom $6 Burger looked amazing when I took it out of the box but Carl's Jr. always finds a way to disappoint me.

Other than being a little squished from sitting at the bottom of the bag the burger looked just like the commercials. The juices, melted cheese, and portobello mushrooms merged together in perfect harmony.

Carl's Jr, Portobello Mushroom Burger, Oh So Fat
It fit just right in my hand. I couldn't wait to swallow it whole.

Portobello Mushroom, Carls jr, Burger, 6 dollar burger, Oh So Fat
The mushrooms were plentiful and covered the entire burger which is rare experience at Carl's. They're supposed to be sauteed in garlic butter but were lacking saltiness. Normally when I order a specialty burger they don't give me enough of the "special" (e.g. Prime Rib and Kentucky Bourbon) but this one had the right amount of goodies.

Red Onions, Carls jr, 6 dollar burger, Oh So Fat
The other condiments suffered though. Look at the pitiful amount of onions they gave me. They did include two large slices of tomato which was a surprise since they normally skimp on them.

Mark Lim, Portobello mushroom burger, oh so fat
Don't let my large head fool you. The burger is pretty big.

portobello mushroom burger, carls jr, oh so fat
Here's a picture of the two nice tomato slices.

This is the second time I've had the Carl's Jr. Portobello Mushroom burger and while it looks wonderful the flavor is too subtle for me. The meat had a nice smokey flavor but the swiss cheese was too mild, the mushrooms didn't have the garlic butter kick, and there weren't enough onions to spice it up.

Carl's Jr. - Portobello Mushroom Burger
Taste ------------ (4) Bland, mild, no strong flavor
Presentation -----(9) Good looking burger
Price ------------- (6) $6 burgers are $5. Not that great of a deal
Quantity --------- (8) It's large and hefty
Satisfaction ----- (5) I was full but I wanted something salty after

Rating: 6 out of 10
It's not a bad burger. I like it much better than the Prime Rib or the Kentucky Bourbon which are both horrific but it lacked that "Mmm..." factor. Before I took my first bite I had visions of a delicious flavor explosion but was disappointed with a taste deprived mouthful. I guess looks can be deceiving.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 3 times, I don't think so. I won't be getting this burger a 3rd time.

Be Fat! Be Happy!

4 comments:

SnapandPrint said...

Our local Carkl's Jr. is really disappointing lately. Everything I get from them makes me ill...seriously. I am thinking they are "doing it wrong" because this never used to happen.

Anonymous said...

do the five guys burger review.

Anonymous said...

wow so fat :D

Anonymous said...

My dick got hard looking at that burger!