Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wendy's Triple Stack + Potato ($8.50) Rating: 9

Mark Lim - "Why are manhole covers round?" This was an actual question Microsoft asked in job interviews to psychologically assess their applicants. While there are many correct answers there is only one correct answer to why Wendy's hamburger patties are square.

The Answer: Because they are delicious.


Wendy's doesn't get caught up in the Burger Wars like the other Fast Food places. There's no need for prime rib, Angus, black Angus, Kobe, sirloin, rump, or some sort of space aged non-stick meat. They just use square regular meat patties and it's surprisingly edible.

So far this has been my favorite burger. My roommate agrees because we went to get him one after I finished mine.

Lettuce didn't quite survive the trip home but everything else was just fine


The other cool thing about Wendy's is that they have other weird stuff on their menu like bowls of chili and baked potatoes. The one I got kind of looked more like a potato chowder but it was damn good.

There! I ate my vegetables for the week, Mom!

Wendy's Triple Stack:

Calories - 980 - Fat - 60g - Sodium - 2010mg - Carbs - 43g

Yeah, unhealthy like the rest but damn it was good!

Taste ------------ (9) That meat was deliciously square
Presentation -----(7) It wasn't pretty but it was big!
Price ------------- (7) $4-$5 is ok for a burger this tasty
Availability ----- (6) Haven't seen too many Wendy's around
Quantity --------- (9) That was a lot of food.
Satisfaction ----- (9) Wendy's hits the spot

Rating: 9 out of 10

The Wendy's Triple Stack is my new favorite burger. No fancy gimmicks. Just a good burger.

7 comments:

SnapandPrint said...

I have never had anything from Wendy's. Ever.

The square burgers just don't seem right to me.

Karen (Cupcake) Carter said...

UGH! Wendy's is one fast food place I would pass right by even if I was starving. Their food is disgusting. I can't go along with your rating on this one. gross!

Kodanshi said...

Jesus Christ almighty, SIXTY grammes of fat?! That’s like your fat intake for the whole day right there in one meal!

Capricia Rae said...

I love Wendy's. Unfortunately, the only one I've ever been to down here is all the way in the OC! How sad. I feel deprived. There aren't even Chik-Fil-A's up here in Long Beach. So tragic.

Unknown said...

Wendy's is outstanding.

Patrick Landry said...

I never got the Wendy's hate. Maybe the locations near some people are bad, but I personally LOVE Wendy's burgers. It's the burger that when I get that craving, I go nuts until I satisfy it.

OmniNOM said...

Triple Stack's good.

You should try out their Baconator or their "seasonal" burgers like the Bacon Portabella Melt on Brioche and the Pretzel Burger.