Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Harbor - Seafood Delights (Expensive) Rating: 6

Mark Lim - I don't know if it's because I used to live in a cockroach infested apartment but I'm really scared of giant crabs.

Yes, they are delicious but they'll always be creepy underwater alien insects to me.

My parents love crab though so they took me to Happy Harbor in Rowland Heights California for some authentic expensive Chinese cuisine.
happy harbor, oh so fat
It's a very nice looking restaurant filled with chandeliers and golden statues of happy fat bald guys.
crab tank, oh so fat
They have a room with large tanks so you can name your pets before you eat them
Alaskan King Crab, Oh So Fat
The crab tasted pretty good and it was only $7.99 a pound for a 9 pound monster which is a great deal. It was a lot more flavorful than the crabs I usually eat but I wasn't really in the mood and didn't have too much of it.

Maybe it's because I had to stare at this insect head the whole time:

crab, oh so fat
I actually cut myself touching this thing. *shivers*
Mark Lim
A shot of the inside of the restaurant

Shrimp, Oh So Fat
My favorite dish of the evening was the Walnut Shrimp. The shrimps were plump and juicy and the sauce was amazing. It was much better quality than I'm used to.
Duck, Oh So Fat
I loved duck when I was little but I don't really care for it anymore. The meat is really oily and fatty and there's way too many strange bones to pick out. I guess I'm just too lazy to eat it.
Noodles, Oh So Fat
Here's another one of my favorite dishes. It's thin deep fried noodles with shrimp.

As much as I'd like to be a fancy food connoisseur, I'm not. I like large deep fried things I can eat with my hands in my pajamas. Even though I'm a street food kind of guy it's nice to experience a little class and culture once in a while :)

Be Fat! Be Happy!

2 comments:

SnapandPrint said...

Mark! I have to say, you look like you have slimmed downa little. Must be teh haircut!

The crab made my mouth water! So yummy looking!

Anonymous said...

I've made a rule to never eat meat when I can still see the animal's face. So: crab cakes = good, steamed crab = bad.