Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Long John Silver's - Fish/Clam/Shrimp Combo

Mark Lim - There are two places I have a hypnotic craving for that I always regret after eating. The First place is Long John Silvers:


Long John Silvers is a Fast Food fish and chips chain that is run by the same people that own Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC and A&W. Everything there is battered and deep fried. Mmm... remorse...

Deep fried Fish, Shrimp, Clams, and a side of coleslaw

The closest one to me is by my dad's dry cleaners with a KFC built inside of it. (The other hypnotic craving that I always regret)

There food is greasy, fatty, and I love it... for the first few bites. After that all hell breaks loose in my stomach.

Close up Fish, Shrimp, and Clams

I've never had the clams there before so I had to try them. They're gross. Deep fried battered boiled rubber bands. Don't ever get them. The best thing they have is the chicken which I opted out of because I also wanted to try the shrimp. Shrimp is no good either. Strike 2.

Long John Silvers: Fish, Shrimp, Clams, Fries, and Coleslaw:
Calories - 1110 - Fat - 67g - Sodium - 3230mg - Carbs - 98g

Hmm... I thought it was way more unhealthy but it's almost as much as one Premium Burger from the other chains.

Taste ------------ (5) It's not very good but sometimes I just need it
Presentation -----(6) It's fried crap in a box. How good can it look?
Price ------------- (7) $6-$8. It's ok for the entire meal
Availability ----- (5) Not too many around here
Quantity --------- (9) I hardly ever finish my meal cause it's so greasy
Satisfaction ----- (6) It curbs my cravings for fried foods but always leaves me sick

Rating: 6 out of 10

It's the kind of meal I have to limit myself to once a month. Any more than that will cause my body to go into convlusions. Which brings us to my other craving:

I can eat a whole bucket

Whenever I see a KFC commercial on TV it makes me think about that urban myth that KFC bio engineers chickens with 8 legs and thighs in a secret lab in Kentucky. It always makes me hungry for mutant meat.

Original (They were out of Extra Crispy) Chicken, Potato Wedges, Biscuit, and a spoonful of coleslaw

Aparently I eat my chicken with my pinky up

6 Piece Sauceless Hotwings

KFC has this new thing with the sauceless hot wings. They suck. They're little wing pieces the size of a golf pencil with just a tiny bit of spice.

Close up of the Mutant Chicken

I don't know what kind of hold KFC has on me. I find that place so disgusting but I just have to have it. I feel like I'm pregnant.

KFC: 2 Thighs, Drumstick, Biscuit, Potato Wedges, and Coleslaw
Calories - 1450 - Fat - 89g - Sodium - 3740mg - Carbs - 98g

Yeah, that's pretty bad. This meal is almost as much food you should eat the entire day.

Taste -------- (6) It's hit or miss for me. I'd be higher if they had Extra Crispy
Presentation -----(5) Mutant Chicken never looks that good
Price --------- (3) I don't remember how much this was but it was expensive
Availability ----- (7) There are plenty of KFCs everywhere
Quantity --------- (6) It's a lot of food but not for the price
Satisfaction ----- (6) For some reason I don't ever really fill up on this crap

KFC chicken always has that unique chicken taste that tastes like no other chicken on planet Earth. Maybe it's the secret herbs and spices or maybe it's the steroid injections that the scientists give to make their chicken grow extra limbs. Who knows besides the Colonel.

Rating: 5 out of 10

2 comments:

Abbie Road said...

utter fail for the coleslaw. There are so many better options at KFC, like, the Mac & Cheese, or Mashed Potatoes. Come on man, GET SERIOUS! You can't be dilly dallying around with coleslaw! It's only out there to make things look pretty, which it epicly fails at. It's not meant for consumption. Haha.

SnapandPrint said...

Long John Silvers has the most crap seafood alive. Greasy and tasteless!