Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Maki Grill - Korean BBQ Combo and Tofu ($15.00) Rating: 8

Mark Lim - Oink! Oink! I'm actually getting fat! Woo hoo!!! I hopped on the scale this morning and it looks like I put on 3lbs. I assume it's all muscle and brain matter though... I've actually been dining out a lot this month and going to parties and filling up on whatever free food I can stuff in my face. My cravings have been so bad that I'm usually halfway done with my meal before I remember that I'm supposed to take pictures of everything.

I started exercising and trying not to think heavy thoughts this week to battle all that brain weight I've been gaining. I run in the afternoons and do some weight lifting at night and have been trying to watch what I'm eating. Totally no fun. I'm my own fat camp counselor.

On Monday I decided to treat myself to a little Japanese/Korean fusion to go. There's a place called Maki Grill in Anaheim that mixes a lot of Japanese cuisine with Korean cuisine. It's really quite good.

I ordered the Korean BBQ Combo with a side order of Deep Fried Tofu:


The combo comes with lots of different little treats for you to sample that will help you jump start your amazing journey to Coronary Artery Disease Land! Oink! Oink!


I love Korean BBQ but it's actually quite annoying because of the 3 eye shaped bones in every slice. It's impossible to eat in public because you need a paring knife to dig out all the wonderful juicy bits. That's why I like eating it at home with my hands. I'm usually covered in meaty goodness by the end of the meal.

The combo includes a medley of Tempura pieces. There's shrimp, green bean, onion, and yam. All battered and deep fried. Awesome.


The California Rolls are never that amazing but it's a nice change of pace to a greasy meal.


Every Korean meal comes with a side of Kimchi. Kimchi is usually made with spicy pickled cabbage and other vegetables.


Tofu is made by coagulating soy milk and pressing the curds into blocks. Sounds good, huh?


Oh you fat fat boy. When will you learn?


Maki Grill - Korean BBQ Combo + Deep Fried Tofu:Most Asian restaurants won't have nutritional menus because they dishonor our family so I can't provide that to you this time.
Taste ------------ (8) I like me greasy salty deep fried yummies
Presentation ---(7) The food looks pretty good.
Price ------------- (5) $15.00 - Kind of expensive but I was full
Availability ----- (3) Probably not a lot around. I've seen a few though
Quantity --------- (8) It's a ton of food
Satisfaction ----- (8) I might have had room for a Banana Split... mmm....

Rating: 8 out of 10

Have a lovely rest of the week!

3 comments:

._. said...

I can not imagine deep fried tofu tasting very good at ALL lol

SnapandPrint said...

I would skip the deep-fried tofu but the other stuff looked pretty interesting. We don't have that restaurant here. I will have to hit it up when I finally get my ass back to California.

lauren said...

i am so hungry now! can we eat tons of food when i get home in december?!!